Blog Home

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finding Color Workshop, San Diego

What a fun 3 days it's been in San Diego. I'm exhausted and waiting for my flight right now. Only 2 more hours... Our host Melissa of Just Hatched Photography and her husband Ed took great care of us and it would not have been possible without their help.

The students were awesome! Seriously a fun crowd and eager to learn and ALWAYS pushing me harder to stay ahead of them.

Also, big thanks to Kevin King of Radiopopper for taking time out of his busy schedule and driving out to San Diego to show us the new toy.


Kevin had asked me if I could do a product shoot for him while he was there. Of course I was more than happy to. But since this was the last day of the SD Workshop, I figured how cool would it be if I turned that honor over to the students.

The image below was shot by James Hays, utilizing e-TTL technology. Basically a 3 light setup. Daniel is holding one light with no diffuser aimed at Kevin. 2nd 580ex was zoomed to 105mm to spot the Radiopopper. 3rd light is the lunchtime sun giving us a backlight



Basically a 3 light setup. Kevin is holding one light with a stofen diffuser aimed at his feet. 2nd 580ex was zoomed to 105mm to spot the Radiopopper. 3rd light is the lunchtime sun giving us a backlight.


Here's a link to our Flickr Radiopopper subset.

Labels: , , , , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home