Blog Home

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heroes of Hurricane Ike - A Photo & Video Shoot...


Well sometimes out of a natural disaster such as Hurricane Ike good things develop. Amazing people and stories come out of no where to ... well just make you feel good.






Today was one of those days. Besides having to get up at the crack of the day to get everything packed up and ready to go, I had the honor to be the official photographer in capturing a few of these "heroes" of Hurricane Ike.

I showed up at the location and set up my studio gear:

* Alien Bee lights as well as Denny's Mfg. new Zebra Lights which so far I have been VERY pleased with.

* Gels (yep you read that right) the advertising company which is completing this project wanted an overall colorful background to match the shirt or tones of the heroes shirts.

* Medium Toned Gray paper backdrop which I bought two days ago at Houston Camera Exchange (in order to gel a nice color with decent dark tones on)

* Larson 4x6' softbox for main and a small strip with louvers for hairlight, 2 large Larson reflectors for fill.


Now the video crew which were AMAZING guys, out of Austin Texas found themselves short on a few items so I let them borrow some of my items which turned out worked great. Denny's Mfg. makes some new foldable soft boxes and I had a couple with me (since I did not know what size of space we were shooting in) and they used the 3x4' Zebra Box as well as a strip box all which sets up in like 10 seconds.

Below are a few pullbacks of the video guys in order with my gear thrown around in the tiny room of two of the heroes. We changed the background color out a lot, sadly these two heroes both are on red which does not show the changes.

Again nothing major in this post, just wanted to share today was a very refreshing and cool day being a part of an event which I found was very inspiring to say the least!

Light Check with one of the video crew guys. You can also see that new soft box from Denny's I was talking about which they shot video light through to soften up the light.



Another Hero being filmed



Shot from the other side of things to show you the tiny room we worked in but how it worked out pretty well in the end. You can also see one of my Larson Reflectors being used as a fill by the video crew.




Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home