Blog Home

Friday, December 26, 2008

Mehndi Party


Last week I was invited to shoot a Mehendi party. It was not only an honor to participate in this event, but also allowed me to get to know Biju better.





I met Biju several years ago through a mutual friend. That led to a photo shoot with Mahira Dance Company. I was excited for her when she told me she’s getting married. The party took place at her home, surrounded by her closest friends and family members. The Henna art typically last several days.





The Henna art lasts several days and the detail is amazing. Traditionally, the bride has the groom’s name hidden within the intricacy of the design. It took me a while to spot it, but I found it faster than anyone else :)

Here are a few more from that night.















- Jordan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home