Blog Home

Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4th and my girls



Well July 4th for 2008 has come and gone but not before enjoying the evening in our little home town of Lake Jackson Texas with my 2 girls (daughter and niece) While sitting in the parking lot of Academy Sport Goods Store we watched the fireworks go off in the distance.




Well for six years my sister has sat in this parking lot and for six years she talked about how wonderful the spot is to few the fireworks. We all arrived about an hour before starting time, capturing sunset and a beautiful full rainbow across the fading sky. With the fireworks scheduled to start at 9pm everything was going to plan, then right at 9pm about the time everyone in the parking lot was getting excited about the show to start Academy in their all mighty wisdom decided to turn on the parking lot lights making a nice dark evening watching fireworks into a nice bright day. Approximately 10 mins after the lights turned on the show started and while the parking lot lights did take away from the event overall I had one heck of a good time enjoying the moment with my 2 girls, Dakota and Meghan!




I must admit I had the wrong set up for capturing fireworks, including my cable release was on the West Coast with Suzy capturing Weddings but all in all I got a few decent shots without the parking lot lights messing up the exposures.

I hope you enjoy these and either way I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and a safe one no matter where you live in the world






2 Comments:

Blogger Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

Happy 4th Mike!!! So glad you got to spend the evening with your GIRLS.. I am sure that a FUN time was had by all!!! Dont you just hate when they ruin a photographers GRAND PLAN.. LOL These are great!! Hugs, M

7/5/08, 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike, glad you had a great 4th with your girls and enjoy that time with them! Love that pic of your girls with the fireworks. Say hi to Suzy for me! Lots of love, Denise Cebrero

7/11/08, 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home